Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Potential Sounds

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30699 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 am   Post subject:  Potential Sounds Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
V2A2V2A2M
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
17505 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

allagor wrote (View Post): › Instructions on how to degrade sounds
If you want to grab something from youtube, that's fine, as long as it doesn't sound like shit. I use FlashGot (same guy makes the noscript addon) to acquire the data.
It's also fairly easy to grab sounds from anywhere else too, DVD/Netflix/Pirate/Your own voice yelling into the mic.

Install ffmpeg. Just do it, it's not that hard. Now that that's out of the way, here you go: I'm fucking serious, I won't give any help with ffmpeg here, use google

Use ffmpeg to make your source into a .wav to easily clip using audacity.
Code: › ffmpeg -i source.anything -ac 1 uncutsound.wav

cut it down to just the sound you want with audacity, export as .wav
Now to take that cut sound file and reduce it's size.
Code: › ffmpeg -i sound.wav -ac 1 -acodec pcm_u8 -ar 11025 sound88.wav
You might want to mess around with volume gain a few times to ensure it's loud enough.
Now your sound is degraded to that sweet spot between filesize & hearing it in a firefight. (You're being shot at, people are yelling on ts, you don't need it to sound flawless, think "!play acceptable")

So, now that the sound you want meets the required specifications, link it in a post & I'll add it to this table of potential new sounds.
Spoilers: 

#!play ****What's in the sound?req lvlSourceFilenameFilesize

#1!play ????Where be the gamemaster? Where be our hoards for GLORIOUS COMBAT?req lvl?Knights of Badassdomgamemaster.wav49.8KB

#2!play ????They suck at making maps! Where the hell am I!?req lvl?Knights of Badassdomlost.wav41.5KB

#!play ????OW! Same side! Same side!req lvl?Knights of Badassdomsameside.wav21KB

#!play ????This monkey's going to heaven.req lvl?Pixies Monkey Gone To Heaven monkey.wav34.9KB

#!play ????"Were you camping back there?" 'I know, bad form but effective'req lvl?Law & Order SVUcamping.wav54.7KB

#!play ????SHUT YOUR FUCKING MIC OFFreq lvl?Whitest Kids You Knowmicoff.wav16.8KB

#!play ????LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!req lvl?Michael Bufferreadytorumble.wav73.6KB

#!play ????Hello ladies!req lvl?Saving Silvermanhelloladies.wav23.7KB

#!play ????"I'll throw JayD in, he doesn't look like much, but he's hung like a horse." 'It's true'req lvl?Saving Silvermanjayd.wav56.4KB

#!play ????STAY AWAY FROM WOMEN! All they want is your manjuice!req lv?Saving Silvermanmanjuice.wav50.6KB

#!play ????One time I was driving and this squirrel ran into the street and I ran over him and he didn't die right then he was limping and stuff, I'm pretty sure he died right after that.req lvl?Saving Silvermansquirrel.wav89.4KB

#!play ????Totally stole it from him while he was taking a wizz.req lvl?Saving Silvermanstoleit.wav31.3KB

#!play ????hey, HEY! What are you doin?req lvl?Saving Silvermanwhat.wav32.3KB

#!play ????Wait, wait, wait, OOOH and boom goes the dynamitereq lvl?Family Guyboomdyno.wav64.6KB

Notes on these sounds:
Sin provided all Saving Silverman sounds.
Lets get ready to rumble - V2 wants for a connect sound, but also to function as a !play sound.
Winnie has been asking about getting a sound of "boom goes the dynamite" on for a while.

Like a sound? Hate a sound? Can't get enough of a sound? Let us know.

Perhaps all this computer shit is too complicated for you? Well if you know of a sound you want, send me a link & timestamp, I might be nice & prepare it, probably not though, don't get your hopes up.

This post will be kept updated as necessary.
Work in progress, Still need to make the table for admin sounds, & link all of the playsounds.

If you know the source of a sound without a listed source, let me know in a reply. If you have forum admin powers, do it yourself.

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Now I wanna watch Firefly again XD

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic