Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,352 Exploit Attempts.

JvIasterMind
Subject:  Windows 8.1 Mouse Issues
I installed Windows 8.1 yesterday and it seemed like an improvement over Windows 8... That is, until today when I tried playing ET and found out that mouse acceleration is broken and cannot be disabled in some games.

I tried multiple combinations of disabling it in game, in Windows mouse settings, and in Logitech Gaming Software. Nothing worked, so we might have to wait for Microsoft to fix it in an update. If anyone is running Windows 8, I'd recommend holding off on the upgrade for a while until it's fixed.

Last edited by JvIasterMind on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
Thanks for the tip.

Download Post
Venom
Subject:  
BECK wrote (View Post): ›
just the tip

Download Post
JvIasterMind
Subject:  Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Issues
Did some researching and I guess the problem might just be extreme mouse lag instead of acceleration. What it does is causes the mouse to stutter while moving it, especially noticeable when moving it slowly.

I read that the issue only affects games that do not use raw input, which seems to be a lot of the older titles. It appears to be caused by Windows 8.1’s new DPI framework for multiple monitors. Unfortunately, Microsoft released a round of updates today without fixing the issue, so it may be a while before they release a fix.

I'll keep 8.1 installed and let you all know when Microsoft fixes it.

Download Post
Venom
Subject:  
Good thing I still have 7

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
Venom wrote (View Post): ›
BECK wrote (View Post): ›
just the tip

Lol

On topic.... Yeah love windows 7!

Download Post
JvIasterMind
I finally got around to looking into this issue some more and found a work-around! It doesn't look like Microsoft is going to fix the issue at this point, so I think it will have to be up to game makers to stop using the mouse API and just use raw mouse input instead. The issue will be fixed in the next ET:Legacy release (2.71rc4).

If you are currently running ET:L in 8.1 and experiencing the stuttering problem, you can fix it by enabling raw mouse input via the command line by typing the following commands...
Code: › \in_mouse "3"
\in_restart

I'm pretty busy and still have crappy internet, but now with this fixed, I should be able to hop on every once in a while. See you guys around!

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
wow, JvI! Hey man, glad you're gonna be able to come back for games :)

Download Post
Scopey
Subject:  
Interesting... I'm on Win8.1 and don't have any issues... Strange

Also welcome back M!

Download Post
Sgt. Hobbs
Nuts I wanted to be the first one to be like. JvI! OMG What have you been up to? long time no see. but yea close enough.

OMG JVI!! what you been up to Long time no see.

Download Post
V2A2V2A2M
Subject:  
M, Long time no see. Alias avoiding bastard. . Would be nice to catch you in game.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you could gift me your etpro tj server settings. Those were the tits. 8)

Download Post

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: