Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,350 Exploit Attempts.

What are you listening to?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
miller
Retired
Retired
40315 Points

USA US Massachusetts
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

@Sakura: total sex sells proposition for that video. Reasonable song otherwise.

Sakura
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
15913 Points

USA US Virginia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:09 am   Post subject:  Re: What are you listening to? Back to top 

@Miller agreed. The song can stick in your head for a long time if you don't realize it. Btw here's a new song I'm currently listening from iHeart Radio Smile

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:17 am   Post subject:  Re: What are you listening to? Back to top 

Sakura wrote (View Post): › @Miller agreed. The song can stick in your head for a long time if you don't realize it. Btw here's a new song I'm currently listening from iHeart Radio Smile

Usually when somebody shows a song of one of my favorite bands, I always try to link them a song to one of their lesser known songs that is just as good/better than thier most popular song.

Sakura:

Granted that one is still on their greatest hits album, but seriously when most people think better than ezra, all they can think of is Good, and its a shame, they catalog A LOT of really good songs.

Heres what im actually listening to lately:

Deftones has been growing on me lately.

Also Blackmill:
Pretty nice music to just relax to. This is a new genre for me I suppose, so if anyone has any suggestions for more like it, that'd be swell.

***edit* how the f do I get the youtube videos to show up like sakura's? I copied what she put and just put my url in and it doesn't do shit.

Last edited by Sin on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:32 am; edited 3 times in total

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sin that Blackmill song sounds like one of my favorite bands, Marsmobil.

Most of their songs are trippy and mysterious like this one. But they also have a Beatle-esque quality to them on other songs. I love this band.

@how to embed YouTube vids:
http://www.iowclan.net/iow/viewtopic.php?t=6314

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Exactly what im looking for, thanks beck

Also, I found out why I cant do the youtube links. Its a new button, but the button is completely invisible for me? Is that normal?

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:51 am   Post subject:  Re: What are you listening to? Back to top 

That's weird.

Can you see this:

Maybe it's a cache thing.....weird though.

Brigadier General
Brigadier General
15913 Points

USA US Virginia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sin wrote (View Post): ›
Sakura wrote (View Post): › @Miller agreed. The song can stick in your head for a long time if you don't realize it. Btw here's a new song I'm currently listening from iHeart Radio Smile

Usually when somebody shows a song of one of my favorite bands, I always try to link them a song to one of their lesser known songs that is just as good/better than thier most popular song.

Sakura:

Granted that one is still on their greatest hits album, but seriously when most people think better than ezra, all they can think of is Good, and its a shame, they catalog A LOT of really good songs.

Heres what im actually listening to lately:

Deftones has been growing on me lately.

Also Blackmill:
Pretty nice music to just relax to. This is a new genre for me I suppose, so if anyone has any suggestions for more like it, that'd be swell.

***edit* how the f do I get the youtube videos to show up like sakura's? I copied what she put and just put my url in and it doesn't do shit.

You have to select the Youtube button and copy the what is told to do Smile

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sin wrote: ›

I appreciate that you say this, because my favorite all-time band is Pink Floyd. I have been listening to them for almost 20 years (god I'm old), and they haven't released a new song since 1994. Prior to that, you have to go back to 1967 for their debut album. A band with that much history, with 15 full length studio album has so many great and brilliant songs beyond the four you hear on classic rock radio over and over. When you say Pink Floyd to people who don't know their music, they always think "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2", or "Money" or "Comfortably Numb". All fine songs, don't get me wrong, but its really unfair to judge a band by the songs that radio stations consider "popular" while ignoring their other 250+ songs. Right? I have to admit I fall prey to this with the Rolling Stones. I'm honestly not a fan, I know that is blasphemy for a classic rock guy like me, but of the 10 songs I hear constantly I just don't really feel it. But I'm sure if I dug deep into their albums I'd probably appreciate them more. I would say the same thing about the Beatles. Until I actually started listening to them, buying their albums (and I'm talking about all their albums in the late 60's when they were all drugged out), those are WONDERFUL albums with a lot of great songs beyond the "Twist and Shout" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" that was my perception of the Beatles "sound" before I knew better.

@ontopic
Arrow Echoes - Pink Floyd
Arrow Arnold Layne - Pink Floyd
Arrow See Emily Play - Pink Floyd

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: What are you listening to? Back to top 

Dan Tyminski - Hey Brother
Ralph Stanley - O Death
Alison Krauss - Down To The River To Pray
Dan Tyminski - I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Arrow Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Arrow Radiohead - Bones
Arrow Radiohead - Nice Dream

All from The Bends

Spoilers: 

1. Planet Telex (0:00)
2. The Bends (4:19)
3. High And Dry (8:24)
4. Fake Plastic Trees (12:41)
5. Bones (17:33)
6. (Nice Dream) (20:41)
7. Just (24:35)
8. My Iron Lung (28:2Cool

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The Bends is a great album.

I tried to listen to the whole Pink Floyd discography,but it takes a special person to be able to listen to most of their tunes. To me, I like them from Meddle up to The Wall. I have even tried to sit down and watch them live from Pompeii,but they lost me 20 minutes into it. Not knocking it,just not my thing entirely.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, I wouldn't say "most" of their tunes. There are certainly a handful of songs that I don't even listen to and are absolutely terrible. Even they would admit that (and have) at this point. Yes, probably Meddle on is more accessible to people and more of the sound they would know. But I like all their albums, but to each their own I guess Smile

@ontopic

Arrow The Flaming Lips - The Terror
Arrow The Flaming Lips - Butterfly, How Long it Takes to Die
Arrow The Flaming Lips - Turning Violent

-- now that is some dark and spooky music Stev0 Cool

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 am   Post subject:  Re: What are you listening to? Back to top 

Any love for Portishead?

I was so into the sound of their first 2 albums that it took me a really long time to get into the 3rd one and there are now rumors that the next one could be coming next year...

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

There is now. I'm gonna have to check them out. That's right up my alley. Trippy, mellow and dark! Thumbs Up Plus I love the female vocals, I can totally falsetto that shit in the shower Laughing

@ontopic
Arrow Radiohead - Feral
Arrow Radiohead - Lotus Flower Cool
Arrow Radiohead - Codex Cool Cool 5-stars from me

-- all from the King of Limbs album.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:33 pm   Post subject:  Re: What are you listening to? Back to top 

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic