Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

What else are you playing?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Command and Conquer- the First Decade

anyone else have this game? I keep getting an error code and I have searched for a way to fix it. turns out the game itself is bugged and there are alot of people that have had this problem. I have a couple of fixes that I tried already and they didn't work. Just wondering if anyone went thru this already.

General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes I have, couldn't resist. Though I suck at drums, I have a hard enough time with Medium on them. We only played it one night, we'll get back to it after we beat Band Hero.

And oh yeah, it's a great game. But.....be prepared to cough up some major change to buy the albums online - shit, I already bought all the CDs 15 years ago, now I have to fricken buy them again to play in Rock Band?

Also - this is my first time playing Rock Band - always been a GH guy. Rock Band is more unforgiving then GH is, I've found. You cannot be early or late on the notes or you miss them in RB. I did calibrate my controllers too, in case you're wondering.

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I calibrated them and I found that i'm alot better with default on. O's on both settings.

Yea the songs are 200 Wii points. the thing with that is some of the songs available arent really compatible with all the instruments. I will get them soon,in the next few weeks but i'll just be geting the ones I really like.

Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've been having quite a lot of fun screwing with people in Modern Warfare 2. I'm a beast with the tac insert, I can effectively use it like a force multiplier. I also pick off the enemy snipers from across the map with my iron sights (insult kills ftw). And what's really fun, is to run around with the RPD-extended mags. you usually end up dying before you have to reload it (200 shots, and only takes around 3 to kill someone)

downside to the game:
repeatedly getting dropped into games on the losing team, with only a few seconds left in the game.
no option to mute everyone at once. I hate listening to all the morons & 3 year olds, and I have to mute them one by one.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Arrow Little Big Planet - PS3 (when kiddies are up)
Arrow GTA:4 - PS3 (when the kiddies sleep)

General of the Army
General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Arrow Company of Heroes - Panzer Elite Pak -- PC

I had the day off yesterday, played through first 3 Brit missions -- good fun Smile

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Gosh, I remember that game beck, I had a lot of fun playing it. People were just too good online so I stopped playing.

General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have never played it online. I can hardly beat the damn AI (most of the time I get rolled) just playing skirmishes. I know playing online would make me better, but I'm too afraid LOL. I'm much more of a defensive player, so I like to establish an almost self-sufficient defense before I go on the attack, which is usually bad in this type of game.

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yea just like C& C Generals. I tried it online and I was getting raped within 5 minutes. It's insane how good some ppl are on those type of things.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

In probably ever other type of RTS game online, rushing is the easiest way to win. Generals was a game of rushing.

At first, CoH was the same, everbody just rushed, but after awhile, people started defending and kicking peoples ass. Its pretty easy to set up a fast defense in hat game, easier than a fast offense. So by the time I quit, games were a fucking workout, some would be over an hour long, they turned into turtles and it got gay. Most of my losses were to people just waiting me out, I couldn't stand the ceasefire so I would suicide all my guys trying to make a dent. But maybe they fixed all that with the expansion.

General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Dunno. I will say, if you ever break out the game, be prepared for about 150MB or more of fricken patch downloads - no choice in that matter. It automatically forces you to DL them when you launch the game, probably to keep online matches fair (fixing hax and holes in the code).

I would try and be a good defender. A single MG team in the right place can be devastating to infantry - until a tank comes along and then you're fucked. I guess I just like setting up these "auto defenses" around bridges and things, natural choke-points on the map and just watch wave after wave of AI attack just get annihilated. Impossible to do that against a good human player, they'll find a way to flank your defenses, so you constantly have to be on your toes.

Anyway - the SP missions are actually pretty good and fun on their own, I still enjoy playing those.

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have the original game with Opposing fronts, maybe we can play a match sometime. It could be us two vs two AI.

General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have the "Gold Edition", not sure what that includes - but I have the Panzer Elite add-on. There's a new one too that I don't have, don't remember what it's called.

Team-up....maybe that sounds like a better option LOL. Wonder if we share the same resource pool and command points?

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think the gold edition is the regular game and Opposing fronts.

We each would have our own pool and points Im sure.

Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Fable: The Lost Chapters -- PC
This game is freaking hilarious to play, especially after you modify it however you want.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic