Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,352 Exploit Attempts.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quizzle
Subject:  For Canadians
Found a neat little song done by some students or something.

CANADA FTW RAWR! eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQf13B8epw

Download Post
Tleilaxu
Subject:  Re: For Canadians
Its actually very very catchy.

Download Post
Mario
c'est vraiment bon!!!!

Ahhh!!! two official languages in Canada!!!!

Allez tous vous faire foutre!!!!!(joking) :wink:

Download Post
Venom
Subject:  
Oh God

Download Post
Tleilaxu
Subject:  
Venom wrote (View Post): › Oh God

:you_suck :sign_go_away

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
I don't find this funny at all.

Really, I had to say that to spite the title of the thread. I didn't actually listen to it, my work doesn't allow such things. It's probably just a song about hockey, maple syrup, snow, reindeer, hosers and mounties, eh? Oh, and Molson.

:lol:

You know I luv you guys.

Any of you watch "How I Met Your Mother"? One of the main characters is Canadian, and very proud of it. It's so funny when she talks about popular Canadian stuff and none of the Americans know what the hell she's talking about.

Download Post
sum1else
I love how often they throw Canadian jokes in that show, it's amazing. Especially when they go to the Canadian bar. If you watch the commentary, they told her originally that they weren't going to make Canadian jokes in the show, but it just ended up happening all the time. Yay for Colbie Smulders. (Lets go to the mall everybody!)

Actually on topic:

The song actually is very catchy, and that chick is pretty hot.

:smt029 sum1else out. :smt029

Download Post
Tleilaxu
I have no idea where the heck the whole 'Canadians are afarid of the dark' thing came from

Yes i do watch HIMYM and i love it but where the heck did that come from!!

Download Post
Sin
Subject:  
I couldn't understand the movie, their accents are too strong.

Download Post
sum1else
Tleilaxu wrote (View Post): › I have no idea where the heck the whole 'Canadians are afarid of the dark' thing came from

Yes i do watch HIMYM and i love it but where the heck did that come from!!

Did you hear the other crazy "Minnesotan" sterotypes? The improper postage and everything? That was just completely rediculous. Then they just made a play on that for the rest of the show.

:smt029 sum1else out. :smt029

Download Post
Venom
Subject:  
Canadians didn't invent the zipper. This video is full of shit.

Download Post
Tleilaxu
Yea well if you actually look around you'll realize that the Wright brothers werent the first to fly an airplane. Lots of things you learn about history are actually full of shit.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
wikipedia doesn't count :P

Download Post
Jester59
Yeah it was catchy and i agree with sum1.
Venom is our little truth finder! 1pt for Venom!
Venom 1 | Video 0

Download Post
Quizzle
Subject:  
Venom wrote (View Post): › Canadians didn't invent the zipper. This video is full of shit.

The man who invented the zipper was from Sweden but owned the company that discovered and produced the zipper was in Canada. So yes, technically it is a Canadian invention because it was invented in our Country. The man who worked at the company became the president and head desinger and had citizenship in America and Canada. Also a couple of Canadian inventors invented the lightbulb, which is not commonly known. Edison merely just bought the patent to the lightbulb and improved it.

List of Canadian inventions, may shock Americans because yeah, you guys didn't invent them GASP

-Telephone (Alexander Bell - Scottish/Canadian
-Insulin (Frederick Grant Banting - Canadian, John Macleod - Scottish
-TV Camera (yeah the one we all still use today) Francois Henroteau - French Canadian
-Zipper (TLFC of Canada)
-Java Programming (James Gosling - Canadian)
-Alkaline Battery - (Lewis Urry - Canadian)
-Radio Voice Technology (Radio Broadcasting) (Reginald Fessenden - Canadian - Debated whether he was the first to invent, but was the first to broadcast)
-Music synthesizer - (Hugh Le Caine - Canadian, Also helped develop some of the first radar systems)
-Lightbulb - (Henry Woodward, Mathew Evans (Both Canadian)
-Electric Oven (Modern Day Overn) (Thomas Ahearn - Canadian)
-Electric Car Heater (Thomas Ahearn - Canadian)
-Washing Machine (James Brown, Scottish/Canadian)
-Imax - (Grahame Ferguson - Canadian)
-Sonar - (Reginald Fessenden - Canadian)
-North American Television (Reginald Fessenden - Canadian) (I've never understood why they claim North American Television, he has an official patent in 1919, which is the first in North America but I haven't read anywhere about a european or other country before this)
-Wireless Telephone (Reginald Fessenden - Canadian)
-M1 Garand - John Garand (Canadian/American) (Born in Canada, lived in America his life, so doesn't really count and he was a frenchman...ewwww just kidding Mario ;])
-Blackberry (Canadian Billionaire Jim Balsillie)

There's a ton more. Enough for Canadians to be proud of ;]. So stick your chins up Canadian brothers, don't let these jealous yanks get you down! Haha jk you Americans, we still love you. Look we even let you use our cool inventions like the phone! We are a small country literally 10 times smaller than America. Yet we have invented, and have been involved in some of the most common household things today like the TV, Radio, Lightbulbs, all that cool stuff we use today. I'm an overly proud Canadian though, and often like to show it.

So check out some more inventions if you get bored. Not sure how accurate all of these are, but I usually check em out before I brag about them being Canadian.

http://careerchem.com/NAMED/Canadian-Inventions.html

Also wanted to point out my favorite Canadian inventor Reginald Fessenden to my fellow Canadians, he doesn`t get enough credit. Much like the Austrian/American Nikola Tesla. They don't really teach him in school and yet he has invented so many important things. Check him out too at

http://www.ieee.ca/millennium/radio/radio_unsung.html

Download Post
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: