Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,355 Exploit Attempts.

Where is everyone?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Why aren't you at IoW?

Too busy with real-life. Other things to do.
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
I hate the new upgrade and settings. I play elsewhere now.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't really play this game anymore.
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
I won't join the server if it is empty. It is always empty!
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Taking a break, but I expect to be back.
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
I don't like the people on our server anymore. It has been ruined by bad admins, bad members or bad pubbers
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Found a server I like better. Nothing against IoW.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Won't even connect if there are x (insert magic number) or less players. I hate small games!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Voted : 31
Total Votes : 31

Bolivar
Noob
1932 Points

Brazil
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:57 pm   Post subject:  Re: Where is everyone? Back to top 

I want to play almost every night, the only problem is the lack of players.. When the server is empty people dont come or leave quickly, and the games not happen. I guess if 3 or more IOW members stay online the server comes populated quickly.
Lets go!

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Wal-Mart wrote (View Post): ›
One thing you never hear is the constant bitching about panzers, mines, etc as IoW all ways has.

I don't know why it's so hard just to ignore people when they "bitch" Just don't pay attention to chat

14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:41 pm   Post subject:  Re: Where is everyone? Back to top 

I agree with Jason the game is getting older and nowadays most of the people who used to play ET now play COD4 and Counter Strike and WOW games. My suggestion as far as that goes is MAYBE just MAYBE we should expand IoW to more than just ET. Maybe if we expand to some newer games not only would that populate the IoW community with lots of new people but maybe they would see that we still host ET and that might make them want to play it as well. Maybe set up a few branches of IoW with some different games, you do have enough admins to do that.

A lot of people pm about the new settings and how they hate the hitboxes and how they still get mad about the people being afk sitting in the game. If someone is afk and doesn't go spec ppl will vote to kick the person thats a given. I as well as some other members requested the !putteam command be given to some lower ranks so that this wouldn't happen. If I was just on a server pubbing and I went afk for a minute to go the bathroom or something and I came back and it said I was kicked for being afk I wouldn't wanna go back on. So maybe if we can put people to spec when they afk that would help some.

People complained enough about the heavy weapons with few people on and now one of these changes allows for MORE than 1 panza lol I mean personally to me thats a lil bit awquard because that is going to lead to more problems I think.

My vote was just random becuz I have a mix of things such as working a lot lately and trying out some other servers. But I still go on IoW when I see some people on.

I hope SOME of these things I am saying help a lil bit.

IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: Where is everyone? Back to top 

1. I am very busy and have no time to play.
2. Those rare times I am able and willing to play I chose not to because:
- server is empty
- people I like playing with are not online
- people I don't like playing with are online
- don't want to get mad due to usual lag issues

I can not say I miss ET. But I won't deny I had super fun times on IOW in the past.

Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Wal-Mart wrote (View Post): › Well I'm done posting after this, already with the bitching about soldiers... maybe thats why pubbers like myself all no longer come to IoW.

stfu already and stop poisoning these forums with your constant bitching

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:44 pm   Post subject:  Re: Where is everyone? Back to top 

Honestly, I work 12 hours a day and find little time to come back to my crappy little camp room and play on ET often. I need to spend at least an hour or two with my gf on the phone which leaves me with about an hour an a half with game time. Which lately has been devoted to a fellow camp geek/nerd here (very rare in construction trade) and we have been battling it out in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 every night basically.

On top of that I've bought Call of Duty 4. I've been checking it out a little bit more lately. Trying to even it up with ET and CoD 4. I think it's a good suggestion to branch out into the different games. If everyone in IoW thinks it's cool.

Besides that, yeah. Just other things have been going down. You couldn't imagine how beat I am after work. Let alone come on the server and deal with all the crap Wal-Mart and the rest were talking about.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Jester59
IoW Supporter
7414 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah when i want to play the server is empty so i go to ang and its fun like wal said and no complaints its a good brawl and everyone plays to have a good time like iow used to be...

10684 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't mind the new settings. I'm taking a short break due to RL but I expect to be back. I need to adjust to my training and work :S I'm also trying to develop a map (game inside a game for WC3) to release into the public. Its been a goal of mine ever since I learned how to use their editor and it should be done in a couple weeks anyhow.

Bottom Line:I should be back in a couple weeks.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Made this one for fun Very Happy
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Download Post  No rating  
Wal-Mart
IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mayol wrote (View Post): ›

Shove it up your ass, you will see I've been muted for being a panzer on the server, and unmuted right away by a higher admin (was posted). The point is totaly vaild... who the fuck wants to play when all you get is shit.

lol w/e enjoy the dead server, maybe I'll set mine up again and laff my ass off when its full, and iow is dead.

10684 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DarkStrike wrote (View Post): › I don't mind the new settings. I'm taking a short break due to RL but I expect to be back. I need to adjust to my training and work :S I'm also trying to develop a map (game inside a game for WC3) to release into the public. Its been a goal of mine ever since I learned how to use their editor and it should be done in a couple weeks anyhow.

Bottom Line:I should be back in a couple weeks.

And Quazi, I know your talking about CoD4 for the PC. But I'd be game for starting a branch up on the 360 version. It would give me a reason to play and I prefer the multiple game types that only take 15 minutes instead of objective that takes 30 give or take.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Made this one for fun Very Happy
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Download Post  No rating  
HEROINMAN
Retired
Retired
18529 Points

USA US Maryland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mayol wrote (View Post): ›
Wal-Mart wrote (View Post): › Well I'm done posting after this, already with the bitching about soldiers... maybe thats why pubbers like myself all no longer come to IoW.

ditto Rolling Eyes

IoW Supporter
546 Points

USA US Missouri
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:36 pm   Post subject:  Re: Where is everyone? Back to top 

@ walmart - you've been muted for being a complete fag - not for being a panzer

seriously though - we don't have rediculous rules on our server because noone wants to be bound by them nor have to be constantly telling ppl what to do but you are one of those ppl who is constantly exploiting some factor in the game maybe because of your lousy shot i don't know - if you're not artying level 3 every chance you get or panzering everyone in a 3 vs 3 with level 4 soldier which MAKES new ppl leave after 2 minutes of lameness - you act like a complete asshat and not only dont i have ANY respect for you - most ppl here don't like you either - seeing as how you've already been kicked from this clan how many times why don't you find some other ppl to constantly irritate because we're tired of your antics

how old are you seriously - you whine and bitch like a 13 year old girl all the time - ppl get tired of hearing your bullshit - if you for some reason are actually truthful this time and you dont ever post here again i for one will be much happier

oh and btw the iow server has been full for the last 2 1/2 hours

just my honest opinion

as for the topic of this thread the reason the server is dead more often the not is due to a number of factors none of which i think have to do with server settings - its all about time of day and inability to get enough members on during non-peak hours

this game has been out for some and the et community that is left is a steady stream of new players looking for a free fps or old players looking for some good old fragging fun - it will only get worse over time (see rtcw) so enjoy the fun games while you can - what helps is when you come to play et get on ts vent or xfire so your other friends know you're playing and can join what server you are on

15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Only posting cause i have my top 3 reasons...
(no order)
1 Bitching
2 lag (loving it right now jew is over 300, 3 people were kicking for losing key packets I'm showing 60 but I'm really jumpy)
3 being kicked for ip spoofing... uneven teams (i mean... not that i mind being down 3, with iows on the up team jerkingoff... but u know... makes things a little unfun..)

and luda, pretty sure if you are right I woulda stayed muted Wink

10203 Points

USSR US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:23 am   Post subject:  Re: Where is everyone? Back to top 

yeah i have been playing more pro too lately... when im playing...which is decreasing due to the large amount of tvwatching, eating, gameboy, sleeping, and sitting around (usually a combination of them all)
but whenever there is ppl on our server, ill go. even if i have to panz to get kills.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think branching out to more games would be a good idea. I would definitely be in favor of branching out to cod4.

As for the new server settings, I haven't really noticed much of a difference other than the med 3 second pack delay and the hitboxes are obviously better than the previous ones, as seen in the appropriate thread.

LUDA wrote (View Post): ›
you whine and bitch like a 13 year old girl all the time

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who made this same comparison LOL

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic