Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,350 Exploit Attempts.

What are you listening to?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

@Wal-Mart,
Is any of Serj's stuff really that good? I saw the music video for Empty Walls, and was moderately impressed. How similar is Serj's stuff to SoaD's? I'm just wondering if I should bother DLing it...

Arrow Jimi Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner

Everytime I listen to that song^, it gives me goosebumps.

Arrow Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

"Bodysnatchers" by Radiohead - from "In Rainbows".

yesterdays stuff (last time I synced my ipod)
|
|
|
|
V

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Topic
Arrow Universally Speaking - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits

"and i really dont even think its concern, i think its just you trying to look mature or maybe its just a chance for you to criticize us without directly doing it."

Glad you can read my mind. I can stop typing now. I LOVE IT when children/adolescents criticize adults who actually care and are available to them even in e-forums, the same adults who would get criticized for NOT caring and being unavailable when some kid blows his head off, shoots up a Virginia Tech campus, or a Nebraska mall.

Since you seem bothered that I didn't explicitly state my opinion: I DO think that kind of music sucks. The music sucks; NOT you because you listen to it. Is that direct enough? You can think my music sucks. I don't take that personally, because your opinion of what I like does not matter to me.

However, I'm not criticizing the "us" to which you are referring. Why criticize a person for a preference? I'm stating an opinion on music, just like I do every time I post a song here. It's just not my "cup of tea", so to speak. Forums are for opinions, otherwise why have them. If we remove all opinion from posts on this forum, not much would be left and you'd spend all your time proving everything, since every post could only contain fact.

Maturity. I want to "look" mature. Laughing Easily done. Actually BEING mature and getting an education, getting married, owning a home, paying bills, having children and taking care of them...some of us can handle that too. Maturity without responsibility = egotism.

"again youre putting your opinion in on something you have no clue about. you think that because we listen to "dark" music (<---LOL) that we have problems. which is, again, just old people speak for "i dont want to take the time to actually see whats wrong with youth today so im going to blame it on something less abstract."

We can argue dark vs. light all day. That music is pretty dark in comparison to a majority of "other" music. Anyone who would say otherwise is just being "different". In all honesty, I DID try to listen to the YouTube clip but it truly hurt my mind to try and decipher what was even being said/screamed.

I have two children, and one just happens to be a teenager with whom I am extremely close. We talk ALL the time about things going on, so that she knows she can talk to me about anything. I spend time talking/listening to other kids in the neighborhood as well. You never know when you will find common ground with someone who needs help. I GENIUNELY like to help people. Is that so difficult for people to believe or understand today?

I propose that a lack of effective communication is the biggest reason for the issues of today. Your response serves as a good example. There are parents who do not listen and talk to their kids; there are kids who don't even have the courage to TRY and talk to their parents, ASSUMING that their "old" or "hippie" or "grunge" parents could not possibly have had similar experiences.

Let's get one thing straight young folks. Just because the date on the calendar is different, doesn't mean people have changed that much. Most everyone still wants to be cared about and to feel appreciated. If you say you don't, most likely you're lying to yourself and everyone else. Everyone wants to feel as though they matter...somehow...to someone...even if it's themselves. They want to know why they are here and how to find their comfortable place in this world.

Kids' problems of today are not uniquely their own. The only possibility of difference is due to technology IMO. People over 20 have experienced the same things you have. Drugs have been around much longer than you have. Same thing with "s-ec-ks".
Children have always thought parents are difficult to understand, and vice versa. People over 20 have seen death, almost died, thought about harming themselves, seen spousal abuse, child abuse, natural disasters. Young people need to stop isolating themselves, especially when there are people with whom they can talk.

My parents were my best friends in the world until I met my wife. They were considered such because they were always there to listen and to help when I needed them. I gave them the chance though. They gave me that same opportunity. There have been many times I have been there for them since I have been an adult. Now, I consider both my children my best friends along with my wife. They consider me their best friend as well. I listen to them, help them, and teach them the good things I've learned in my life.

In short, you don't know what you're talking about when you speak of me and my intentions.

P.S. Sorry Alex. People assuming they know what I think bothers me a bit and I thought merited a response. Feel free to delete the statements if you wish.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Not deleting responses (YET), but from now on, keep this thread about songs and very very short comments. I don't want a flame war, if you want to discuss music philosophy and its effects on people, please start a new thread. Cool Moderator

Arrow "Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)" -- Radiohead -- from "Airbag/How's My Driving EP".

-- Brilliant, BRILLIANT SONG! Listen to it: You'll soon be a Radiohead-head.

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Arrow Panama - Van Halen - from 1984
Arrow Come As You Are - Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
Arrow Oh Me - Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
Arrow Presence of the Lord - Blind Faith - from The Cream of Clapton

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Gotta hand it to ya Nerv - good music man Cool

Arrow "Talk Show Host" - Radiohead from "Street Spirit (Fade Out) EP" (thanks Wolvie Very Happy ).

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thx Bexie. Not too shabby yourself.

Arrow Speed of Sound - Coldplay

Here's a curve:
Arrow September - Earth, Wind, and Fire. There I said it.

Arrow Vertigo - U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Dion(I THink)-Runaround Sue

8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Arrow Flight Of The Bumble Bee (from The Tale of Tsar Saltan, Op. 57) - Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Arrow Hey Nineteen - Steely Dan
Arrow Ordinary People - John Legend
Arrow Roxanne - The Police

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Cattle Decapitation - Reduced to Paste

Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Alter Bridge - Watch Your Words

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Arrow Disintegration - The Cure - from Disintegration
Arrow Sister Moon - Sting - Nothing Like the Sun

Download Post  No rating  
Wal-Mart
IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

EDITED BY BECK: START A NEW THREAD!!!! Moderator

BECK wrote: ›
if you want to discuss music philosophy and its effects on people, please start a new thread.

Download Post  No rating  
Cat
IoW Supporter
3177 Points

Canada CA Quebec
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Arrow Prodigy - Smack my bitch up
Arrow Peace Orchestra - Who am i
Arrow Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Arrow Depeche Mode - John The Revelator

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Vital Remains - Dechristianized

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic