Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

getting tired?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: getting tired?

yes
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
already quit
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
not yet, still lovin it
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
hellz no fool, et fo life!
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 20

Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

My first post was on topic. Note the trail after DarkShadow and Pete posted. AGAIN, I'm the culprit when someone else derailed the train.

Delete all that from the thread and you have it back in pristine fashion.

I would wonder why my server had 3v3's at 10:30 on a weeknight when it formerly had 9v9's and people waiting to get in. The first grading period has passed, btw.

It's not QW doing the damage. It's the attitudes of the players, as I stated before. The server has a bit to do with the type of players attracted to it that end up in fact, making people "tired of ET".

Whatever.

On a side note...I do have a picture of me jumping over a house. LOL Well it looks like it anyway... Razz

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The reason we have 3v3 on a weeknight would eb the same reason anime,ES,etc...all have less than that. A majority of the gamers are eitherA)asleep cuz of school in the morning,or B) as the topic started,tired of the game.At least thats what kept me from playing yesterday.

True some pubbers that frequent the server are assholes,but thats because these assholes are usually the ones that are good at the game, so they think it gives them the right to act like a bunch of pricks on the server.Since we dont ban a person because they are good I guess we just have to kick/ban for being jerkoffs.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nerv wrote: ›
I would wonder why my server had 3v3's at 10:30 on a weeknight when it formerly had 9v9's and people waiting to get in.

Come on man. Based on that statement you have to be implying that if we just changed our server to Nervous' specifications, that we'd have more visitors than we know what to do with.

Apparently, the IoW server with very limited configuration changes since it's conception is just twirling into an abyss of irrelevance.

Before I begin this incredibly cynical response, note that this is based off complaints from everyone over the last 2 years.

How to fix the IoW server and get 9v9 again:

OK - we change the spawn time to 30 (default) for Axis. All our players will return.

IoW members are forbidden from playing on our server, just to avoid the potential for having stacked teams for even a moment. All clan members must remain in spec the entire map to avoid stacked teams. All clan members must also become statisticians so that we can move the proper player who is giving one team or another a particular edge. Gotta keep those teams balanced and fair for at least 90% of the map.

Oh, and arty - we have to limit arty so that it can only be used every 2 minutes. Not fair to ever be killed by an arty shell, obviously.

Take away flak jackets and give engies 3 mines. Players will be rushing back!!

Return medic promotion levels to default. Look at all the players!

Change hitboxes to 31. Too many players to manage now, server is full 100% of the time.

Fix "lag" and "choppiness". Whatever that means.

Wait - roll back to 0.6.x Time to buy some more slots...

Hell - just upgrade to ETPro! PLAYER BONANZA!!!!

And the grand finale - get rid of pride and ban anyone who plays selfishly for even a moment.

You realize how silly that all that sounds now?

The only conclusion I can draw from "I would wonder why my server had 3v3's at 10:30 on a weeknight when it formerly had 9v9's and people waiting to get in." is that we've got such a fucked up server, that no one in their right minds should be playing here. And we really need to make some changes soon (pick even one from above) and we'll back back to our former glory.

I guess at this point, the intent of this thread has been lost. Say whatever you want now....

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Wow
Well in that case...
"Gitchee. Gitchee. Ya. Ya. Ya"

I say again...
"On a side note...I do have a picture of me jumping over a house. Well it looks like it anyway..."

Fonzie just jumped the shark on this thread. Very Happy

Goooooooo DEFENSE!!!!!! /kill Fixed

Last edited by Nervous on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
Wal-Mart
IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

99mines got my server a number of people with 70+ pings! lmao...

Consol was not happy though... could not correctly handel 99 mines...

I think the custom maps at least to me help, I like the change up it keeps et a little new... Spawn times are a tad off... axis should be up a little more but... not for this thread...

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Wow a full server at 5:30 PM Central on a weeknight,without changing anything from the server. Go figure,we gotta be doing something right.

6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I IOW server.

Download Post  No rating  
Hobbs_Duke
IoW Supporter
2722 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've quit for a while but now that I don't have the liberty to do so I have been dying to play again

8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

StEVoNuB420 wrote: › Wow a full server at 5:30 PM Central on a weeknight,without changing anything from the server. Go figure,we gotta be doing something right.

Sweet!!!!!

You checking or playing? I can't play that early.

As of now it's 9:30 Central and there's a mean 2v1 happening. LOL

You do remember it being full until 12 midnight central every night, right?

Nilla, Gim, Fuzzy, Ajax, Stevo, even Luda...I don't see the "old-schoolers" around as much and it just bothers me.

I'm bipolar so I have to have something to keep my mind occupied. Otherwise I would've quit for good a long time ago.

J

Download Post  No rating  
RichieRich
Noob
185 Points

Nigeria
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

My hole clan is quitting ET after this STA season. Nothing but hackers left in the competition community.

EDIT : O SNAP 100TH POST

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

holy shit peeps, TAKE IT EASY

fack, game getting boring, most things do in life, if you been playin at the same level you been playin for quite a long time and dont feel like getting all elite and shit cuz its a damn game and dont wanna invest time but rather do something more important/exciting, game does get bit boring

but fuck with the posts, shit, nerv man <3 but make yo own server, each server has issues, no server is perfect, but fuckin hell

Download Post  No rating  
Bolivar
Noob
1932 Points

Brazil
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes im getting tired!!!!

Tired of find the server empty!

(Yep sometimes the server are full..
But i would like to find server full and play at anytime...)

(The best times is about after midnight in my localtime.) (UTC+3)

JK, no matter how its old, its a nice game!

Just some crap people make it be boring sometimes.

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

i have just one thign to say. its me biatches. im back. played 2 nights this week. Yes i did get tired of et for abit. running the clan. dealing with the squabbles within the clan and tryign to balance etpro. competition and etpub. plus work, side work and a fiancee. For the longest time i wanted to get back, but at the same time i just didnt feel like playing. Now though i feel like playing again (thanx to a certain mobo donor so my card works) but i also realize that i need to keep this in moderation so 2-3 night s a week. never on fridays sats or sundays.
SO anyway that answers do you get tired. yes it happens but if you take a LONG break then come back the thrill returns. Now instead of expecting to have a great game cuase of my uber skills and getting pissed if i do bad. i look at my stats and am happy. its like WOW i scored 30 hs's that map! SWEET!!!! or my accuracty was 35%? damn i did good!!!

With that said and done, i am going to take over the etpro server for abit to make it a testing ground. will start another thread on that.

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Btw, spoke to old Ajax on the phone last night. He's been working like a dog at his fairly new job (he's in the energy biz). Once he gets a new stick of mem, I wouldn't be shocked to see him once in a while.

Really good FO that AJAX.

How does this relate to the thread? Well, I get tired of ET because I guess I miss some of the folks who would actually be my friends IRL. I'm not really like the totally intense person that I portray in e-land.

Ajax and I met up for beers at a local restaurant and it was amazing to meet the person behind the shooter, you know? Turns out, like me he can get kind of intense in playing, but IRL he's a real cool cat who is so laid back it's not even funny. He even came over to a party on my street and met the family and talked about all his ladies. Yeah, Ajax is the original ladies man. That car doesn't hurt. Razz

When we were on TS, it was always a blast. He would go FO, and I would go med or vice versa and we'd have a good time playing for the FUN of it.

Anyway, that's REALLY what I miss about ET, is the lack of real communication between people who could be friends IRL. There are lots of folks on the server that OUTSIDE of them being on the other team, we would get along just fine and probably have tons in common.

For example, I really respect smart people. Most people can tell from the posts that Ex and Beck are both developer/engineer types like me and their posts are well written. I think that if we all were on TS and talked about stuff that REALLY matters once in a while instead of K/D ratios and hitboxes, the server might stay more populated more often. People like to check on friends you know?

J

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic